FIVE RANDOM FACTS about me: Victoria Van Tiem
1. I have a pot-bellied pig named Pobby. He started out tea-cup and now is about 150 lbs. A normal pig can weigh around 1000 lbs, so he’s still mini even if he’s not. Pobby’s enclosure includes his very own insulated barn with heated floor. *Yes, spoiled, but he’s so clever, just like a three year old child. Pigs are actually ranked fifth smartest animal in the world.
*I don’t eat pork, obviously.
2. Chickens are about the stupidest animal in the world. My hubs recently brought home five chicks to keep Pobby company. Pobby somewhat tolerates them, but I have to admit, they’re quite fun*Obviously, I don’t eat chicken anymore either
3. My neighbors have a Lama on their farm. Yes, a lama! I see him grazing while I write and it cracks me up.
*I’ve never eaten lamas. Not an issue.
4. North is the top of the map, I don’t care how many times it’s explained to me, top equals North. Yes, I’m directionally impaired. My GPS and I are BFFs.
5. I’ve been swept up in a flashflood while driving, carried out to sea in a riptide, crashed my car through a store front window to wake with amnesia, trapped on the wrong side of an opening drawbridge, and during a family vacation, forced to outrun a hurricane on our cruise ship. Needless to say, I’m not a huge fan of currents, oceans, or cars. So far so good with planes, so I am planning a trip to the UK soon, just don’t ask me how to get anywhere. I’ll be going North.
Victoria Van Tiem is the author of the novel ‘Love Like the Movies’ published on the 19th of June 2014. She is an artist, a gallery owner and a former creative director, with a background in marketing and brand development. Watch this space for a review of the novel, coming soon…
When it comes to finding her leading man, will it be Love, Actually or a Runaway Bride?
Kenzi Shaw has her life scripted out down to the last line – the career she’s building as an up-and-coming marketing exec, the gorgeous fiancé (Bradley) she’ll marry in a fairytale wedding, the children they’ll raise in her dream home. But when heart-breaking ex Shane comes back into her life, life starts going off the script . . .
Shane tries to win Kenzi over by re-enacting all the rom com movies they used to watch together – Sleepless in Seattle, Bridget Jones’ Diary, Pretty Woman and Dirty Dancing to name a few. He’s just a guy, standing in front of a girl, asking her to trust him again. But has he really changed? Not only is her head in a spin over Shane, but now her job is on the line. And with her perfect sister in law showing up every tiny thing Kenzi does wrong, she feels like she’s permanently in the corner.
Should she risk her sensible life for the chance of a Happy Ever After? One thing’s for sure, when Shane meets Kenzi (again), she’s suddenly not so sure just who her leading man is . . .